Tuesday, September 23, 2008

the weekend


Congratulations to the bride and groom! What a beautiful Virginia wedding, you two! Thanks to facebook friends, we were able to see these photos Monday.



Meanwhile, here on Saturday the seas were restless and tossed wildly by a fierce wind storm. Sea spray was in the air. Coats & hats, were necessary. Time to stick mittens back in the car again. Even though it was in the 40's, with the wind chill out there, I'm sure it was way down in the 30's. Can you hear the roar of the waves? It was spectacular!
Yep, summer is officially over, done. (wait, did we have it at all this year??)

Sunday afternoon was "blogging 101" over here, with dear LaVrel.

"Here's how you do this, and here's how you do that"....
She caught on quicker than I could even get it out of my mouth, all the while texting with friends, answering occasional cell phone calls, ("but my lips hurt real bad!"),
AND writing a blog entry! She was so happy to introduce me to her new "bAbY"....her new MAC!!



She is a natural to the blogworld. She loves the fotes, she adores writing, she's expressive. She wants to keep in touch with her friends from far and near. Most of all, she loves the techie world. ("...i love technology...")










Outside, the air was crisp, and the sky a cobalt blue. Let's ditch the blogworld and take a walk with our cameras and capture some of the last day of summer. At the peak of vivid seasonal color, a walk with a treasured friend, and armed with cameras, it was a stroll of jubilation, and joy.

We'd stop at the same moment, enthralled with inspiration for a snapped photo. There were the colors, the incredible back-lighting, shapes and shadows. The contrasting intense blue sky, against the bold red of the elderberries, and the glaring gold of the changing fireweed all competed for our digital attention. And, well...they all got it. We captured some great autumn moments.
LaVrel and I were on the "same page". Our friendship is outside the scope of time.
My friend, you are such a gift to me...and I adored spending our day together!



















One little thing we didn't cover during our walk & talk was politics. Well, I guess we've already got it all figured out.

May the best man win!

2 comments:

.abundant.in.ambitions. said...

aww hoch. you have such a way with words. I am so very far behind on my writing skills :(
I entirely adored spending a few hours with you on sunday. You mean so very much to me, and I hope that you know that.

Anonymous said...

I heart the pix! It loox like summer may be over...but I thot the same thing last week in New England, and now, back in Chicago, it's 85! The last strains of tank-top weather...