Friday, September 26, 2008

evening get-togethers

Dub-Dub women's gathering...hear us roar
Our Thurs. night's women's gathering was full of good food and laughter, sharing of ideas and inspiration. How I admire each one of these special women, and the gifts and skills they bring to our group. I'm honored to be a part.
~Teamwork divides the tasks and doubles the success.~





Tues. night we had some delightful guests over, and thought we'd make them work for their dinner. (Actually, this in my "little miss helper", who was more than happy to be of creative assistance.)







It was wonderful sharing the evening together and catching up on things. Big on the fall news alert for them was :
**J's successful moose shoot, providing for the family's winter food supply...wow! What an Alaskan lady!

**News of another baby due in the spring. :-)

**Exciting times ahead in the spiritual realm.

Now that our summer has melted into fall, we once again can catch up with friend's lives. It's such a welcome change from our summer's schedule.

Travel plans are in the making.

On the drier autumn days, "the Mr." continues taking fishing clients out on the local area rivers, for Dolly Varden trout, and catch & release Steelhead. It seems no matter how nice the day starts out, there are always the showers that find there way to us in the afternoon.

Last night there was a hard frost; the fall colors will now fade fast. It has been spectacular. Temperatures in Anchorage are predicted to tumble down into the 20's, tonight, but we will remain a bit warmer.
This Sunday is the "Fish Alaska Magazine" recipe contest, in which our award winning cheffie/buddy, Teri is a finalist! (again! She was the grand prize winner in '05). Teri, we wish you good luck!! Knock 'em dead with your shrimp dish. They will see 1/3 of you is missing now, from when they saw you in 2005!!....



From "Fish AK magazine"...


"4th Annual Fish Alaska Recipe Contest
Prizes totaling OVER $16,000
How It Works: One finalist is chosen for each month February through May. Then a cook-off is held on September 28, 2008 at the Kincaid Grill in Anchorage, Alaska. Each finalist will prepare a small serving for each of the judges and a larger sampling for guests. Recipes will be judged on the following criteria: originality, taste, visual appeal, texture and nutritional content. Each of the four finalists will receive a prize package for participating with one grand prize winner selected."



Recipes from last year's winners included "Crustacean Pepper Pot", "Prosciutto-Wrapped Halibut", "Cajun Style King Crab Bisque", and "Kodiak Style Bacon Wrapped Halibut Cheeks". Oh yum....




Stay tuned for contest results. I'll post 'em just as soon as I hear!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FROST!!!

Supposed to hit 80 here on Sunday and Monday

Although...I did about freeze on the way to class this morning. It was about 45.

Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...

yeah....we're in our 2 weeks of alaskan fall...
and not for long.

no such thing as an alaskan indian summer, i'm afraid.

enjoy your's!

;-)

Anonymous said...

Chicago hit 80 yesterday... beautiful!!
I remember being snowed in once on my bday (Oct8) in Homer, so yeah, "injoy the injun summer" while u can!

Hey, is little pizza-chef girl standing in the same place for both pix? I can almost get the layout of yr kitchen...I have to prepare for my trip next summer, you know! I'll have to cook dinner for you...