Every one's dreaming of summer. The buzz around town is, "Have the fish shown up yet?" People are talking about the summer plans, who's coming to visit, and when the tourist invasion might begin in earnest. It should begin this weekend, since the rivers are open for King Salmon fishing. Now we have to go shopping super-early in the morning, or late in the evening. If you run into someone you know at the local Safeway, it's a real novelty. I really think the locals are outnumbered by tourists during the summer months.
I guess it's time to share our little hamlet by the sea with others.



We spent part of our day at house #1, that we're intending to put on the market soon. New exterior paint spiffed it right up. Wallah! A moose was grazing in the back of the house, happily munching on tender green grass that's just coming up. I found bear poop on our front lawn. I guess the buggers are up and alert by now, and roaming the countryside again.
Heads up, folks. Get the cat food totes off the porch...A couple of years ago, we had a bear come right up on the porch and swipe the tote to the ground. He gnarled on the corner of the lid, and then feasted to his hearts content, once the lid popped off. He left half of it behind. I think he would have preferred it more if it had been the "Little Friskies Rotten Fish" variety.


Tonight we took a late walk. It was still light out at 11:30pm when we returned home, and 37 degrees. Birds are singing, and things are starting to really green up.
Here are a few photos from today's Spit walk.


I guess it's time to share our little hamlet by the sea with others.


We spent part of our day at house #1, that we're intending to put on the market soon. New exterior paint spiffed it right up. Wallah! A moose was grazing in the back of the house, happily munching on tender green grass that's just coming up. I found bear poop on our front lawn. I guess the buggers are up and alert by now, and roaming the countryside again.
Tonight we took a late walk. It was still light out at 11:30pm when we returned home, and 37 degrees. Birds are singing, and things are starting to really green up.
Here are a few photos from today's Spit walk.
3 comments:
hey the cabin looks great.
i have to say though....i am not jealous of temperatures in the 30s.
oh my gosh!!!!! the cabin- i couldn't believe the transformation. That is incredible. wow- can't believe you guys finally fixed it all up. hope to see it this summer! Thinking about you today mom. :)
Your poetic outlook (and kick ass poll!) are absolutely fantastic! And such a departure from Greear-ville.... See you Monday....
Post a Comment