I think we're getting the sunshine now that we didn't get this summer! This week has been blindingly bright and uplifting. With temperatures in the mid-twenties, it was a great Saturday to get out and enjoy the first day of November. People were outside in great numbers. Some strolled the beach with the kids and dogs. I saw frisbees flying and couples walking hand in hand.


The beach harbored frost in the shadows, as in this photo. It was a delicate frosting to some fresh, colorful seaweed that had come in with the tide.


Beluga Lake is frozen enough now for skating, with float planes long ago leaving the shoreline. During warmer seasons, this lake harbors duck families and often provides a reflection pool to the beauty on all sides of it.

Now, it is a playground for the winter adventurer. Laughing kids, barking dogs, families challenging nimble ankles and daredevil bike riders all added their flavor of fun to the afternoon at the Lake.


What an incredible place to live.
I'm so grateful to be here. So thankful.
Yes.

2 comments:
i cant believe its already cold enough for skating.
it truly is a whole different world up there.
it was 70 degrees a few days ago. but looks like storm season is coming up fast here.
beautiful pictures!!!
We are expecting 73 degrees tomorrow! I'm in the middle of a gig where I am on my feet outdoors for 17 hours, so that "sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy!"
I am working near Grant Park, where Barack Obama's Election Night Rally is being loaded in. The neighborhood is crawling with Secret Service agents & advance teams. Much excitment to be had!
Post a Comment