Thursday, October 30, 2008

late october



It warmed up enough today to resume the neighborhood forestation project. Karen came over to be an assistant with the planting. The Mr. spent much of the day cleaning up the yard, cutting up alders for firewood with his chainsaw and helping the first of the pines find a happy resting spot.

Snow was predicted today, but fortunately it didn't fall.
It was a perfect day to get outside projects done.
I won out, by being able to walk with my bud in town today, our usual 4.8 mile route. We had lots of catching up to do. Each day without snow and ice on the walk is a bonus now. Our days are numbered until we'll need to add ice-cleats to our routine.




Late afternoon colors dazzled the skies.
This is the view out our upstairs window.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i distinctly remember the mr telling me that it never snows before halloween.

i'll bet him a pizza on it next year :)

Kathy's Corner said...

I'm so glad you stopped by the office and I was invited to join your blog audience! Your photography is astounding... do you have copyright rules, or can I upload a few to Shutterfly to put a page in my scrapbook? I'll write your name under them!? :)

THANK YOU again for the beautiful bulletin boards at church, too... I smile and thank God for you every time I walk past.

Blessings! Kathy