Monday, September 29, 2008

standing together




Such is friendship...

that through it we love places and seasons;

for as bright bodies emit rays to a distance,

and flowers drop their sweet leaves to the ground around them,

so friends impart favor even to the places where they dwell.

With friends, even poverty is pleasant.

Words cannot express the joy which a friend imparts;

they only can know who have experienced that joy.

A friend is dearer than the light of heaven,

for it would be better for us that the sun were extinguished

than that we should be without friends.

~st. john chrysostom





3 comments:

Greears said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for the love and support...it means so much! Perhaps it's time for me to get some bangs? Can't wait til Monday next...

Anonymous said...

And Happy Birthday to "the Mr!!"

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I love this picture of Alana and I - argh - such a rough time for me, but such joy and love in friendship. She said God was sending me angels - I think you might just be one of those! Thanks so much!