Gas has hit $4.67 a gallon here. Ouch!
I snapped a couple photos along the end of the Spit later in the afternoon, after a quick fishing errand run for "the Mr".. A fierce wind was still whipping. The sun reflecting off the water was so gorgeous. Gawking tourists meandered along the Spit shops and harbor area, walking at a snail's pace. Locals buzzed by, being polite to stop for visitors crossing the Spit road, missing the other season's vacant look at the same exact scene. I guess it's time for us to share our little hamlet with others. Homerites are quick to say they avoid the Spit when at all possible in the summer, because of the crazed pace. It is both festive and frustrating. My pet peeve is all these condos going in at the end of the Spit. Who asked me if they could build 'em there? They have the best view in the entire world, out their windows....but they are blocking everyone else's that drive out to the end. Disgusting, is all I can say. Ugh.
It was another great Mon. night with my shrinking friends. But then, there is the dilemma of what to do when one's pants are waaay too large. The perfect Homer remedy to any situation, is get out the 'ole duct tape! Works like a charm to fix and alter any need you may have. Modeling this beautiful remedy, is our shrinking friend model, "A". Looking good there, girl! And, "R, my aquasize bud, you've done a great job as well. I think we all have a new lease on life!
The guys are knockin'-em-dead in the fishing dept., pics to come soon. Here are my cheffie friend's boys from the Easthood, and their catch from Deep Creek this past weekend. Nice job, guys!
1 comment:
Wow, I LOVE yr blog!
Makes me wanna see Homer again. Just read the whole thing...from end to beginning!? I heart yr pix of rhubarb & moose poop:)
Take care--
Post a Comment