It is officially the season of "mud". The sunday stroll was a pleasant walk around neighborhood roads experiencing "break-up", where the goo beneath the dirt and gravel thaws and bubbles. It is a nightmare to try and travel on by car. Let's hope you still have shocks when you hit the pavement at the end. Wear the poligrip. It's a jolting wonder. But....when on foot, it's a not at all bad. O.K., I felt like I was hopscotching in some spots, avoiding the puddles and slick spots. All the while, I was holding my inner-child back from jumping right in.
It's SPRING! No more ice on the roads, and it is pure delight. From the yellow sign, I get the message that there is no fast walking allowed in the area, so I'm keeping my Tasmanian Devil speed in check. I'm keeping the gloves on for a short while yet; it's still chilly.
The Mr.'s ski trails are now bare, and after drying out for a few weeks will be great hiking trails. (well, take note: the big, black furry fellows will also be meandering through the countryside. Share trails with caution.)
The Mr.'s ski trails are now bare, and after drying out for a few weeks will be great hiking trails. (well, take note: the big, black furry fellows will also be meandering through the countryside. Share trails with caution.)
No comments:
Post a Comment