
Well, the news is out, and wow....up here we are reeling. Really? "Sarah"....(as we call her)..."Sarah as the VP on the Republican ticket?" This is such a chess game for the White House, Democrats and Republicans, fighting it out. Perhaps a capable, bright beautiful woman standing by McCain's side will pull multitudes of voters their way. I have great respect for her, as a leader here in our state, and she has been well liked since her election to governor in fall '06.
Sarah has many ties to Homer, and was here recently. Phones were buzzing around town, as she'd stopped in businesses candidly, and exchanged conversation with the townspeople. She was asked to be one of the judges of the "Fish Alaska" magazine's annual recipe contest, in Anchorage, of which my cheffie friend, Teri, is a finalist, in late September. I hope Sarah will keep that in her schedule, (yeah, right...), and maybe she'll even bring John McCain with her. They'll be spending lots of time together, no doubt!

Come to think of it....maybe Teri will be called upon to be the White House Chef! Ya just never know where ties will take you.....

4 comments:
seems like a great choice for mccain. he needed someone more conservative and he needed a minority on his ticket. she fulfills both of those. i just think it is sad that this is probably more of a political ploy to get votes from hillary backers.
I am so thrilled! Never been so excited in politics as I am now.... Did you catch how she used the word snowMACHINE and not snowmobile :} YEAH Alaska! What a wise and discerning pick for McCann.
Um...Go Sarah! (I think) Sorry to say that I never heard her name until t'other day, but I just read all of the links from yr blog & can just picture all of those cars parked on the shoulder of Sterling Hwy to see her! sign me up!
and a guilty LOL about Hillary's pantsuits @ KMart:)
It's enough for her to leave our state when we need her to be here, but...she'd better be back to judge that contest! I am looking forward to being a neighbor to the best fish cook EVER!
speaking of food, are we meeting tonight?:)
Post a Comment